Re: Fw: Hello.

To: "Russell T. Neyhart" <vwruss@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Hello.
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:30:55 -0500
Cc: MGB-V8 List <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Russell-

As I am sure others will tell you, you have the most difficult MG to
convert to a V8, but it can be done.

Your car has a smaller engine bay, as defined by the inner fenders, than
later, rubber bumper cars. This means more "dressing" to allow room for
the exhaust manifolds/ headers.

You also have a different transmission tunnel than 1967(?) up cars,
which either limits you to the old Chevy T-50 5-speed, or means a lot of
fabrication to make room for a T-5 Chevy or Rover 5-speed.

I suggest you start by reading "How to Give Your MGB V-8 Power" by Roger
Williams, & at least consider using a later model roadster . You might
be able to swap your early car for a 1977 & put money in your pocket
while reducing the difficulty of the conversion.

I have over 200,000 V-8 miles under my belt, & wouldn't think of driving
anything else, except maybe a pickup truck to chase parts

Jim Stuart
2 V8's, no dollars or sense