Re: Best source of Parts ?????

To: Mike Cousins <mike.cousins@wsnelson.com>
Subject: Re: Best source of Parts ?????
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:27:42 -0500
Cc: MGB-V8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Mike-

Are you using a Rover or a Buick?

Call Dan Lagru, his add is in the V8 Newsletter. He has an adapter that
will let you install the small Buick oil filter on your oil pump
housing, pointing straight down. No hoses, no remote base. I have one on
my GT, & I love it. Even though the V6 filter is much smaller, remember,
its good enough for the GNX & millions of other V6 Buicks. This assumes
you have the metric oil filter base, GM, or Rover with the filter
pointing forward & down.

Dan can fix you up with adapters to use the Chevy Vega starter. Good in
my 11:1 compression motor for about 80-90,000 miles on a $39.95 Track
Auto rebuilt, with a lifetime limited warranty. I'm on the 3rd one,
260,000 miles, total cost for 3, $39.95.

If you use the stock Rover starter, you may have to pull the motor to
change it later. Ted's gear drive starter is super, but quite expensive,
& IMO, not required. I do suggest that with the GM starter, you use a
remote solinoid (Ford) on the inner fender, as heat soak in the summer
can be a real problem. Summit racing sells a kit for about $20.00. or I
can send you a wiring diagram, & you buy a solinoid for about $8-10.00 &
some wire.

Jim Stuart
2 V8's, no dollars or sense