Re: Water pump on 215 engine

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: Water pump on 215 engine
From: mgbv8@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 22:32:11 -0700
Cc: MGB-V8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Jim, you're the man.  It's a Buick 300 water pump, you described it
perfectly.  I always wondered what the extra bolt hole was for.

As I continue with my conversion that is one less thing I will have to
deal with.

Thanks,

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster (one half of a V8)
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Mon, 09 Feb 1998 22:46:25 -0500 Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com> writes:
>You have a "short" water pump. It could be a 215 shortened(Dan Lagru
>does these), a 300 Buick, or one of the Buick V6 pumps. If it is a
>215,
>the outlet pipe is almost horizontal. The 300 pump has a distinct down
>angle to the outlet. & a bolt hole at the top of the pump that has no
>corresponding surface to bolt to on the 215 front cover. Someone else
>will have to help you with V6 identification.
>
>By the way, the 300 pump moves more water than the 215 pump, & rebuilt
>units are about $30.00 at the local discount/chain auto parts, 1-2 day
>lead time. This is the short pump. Hole spacing for the pulley/fan may
>differ from the 215. Both are 4-bolt, but the bolt circle diameter can
>vary.
>
>Who knows where I can buy a Euro spec LH drive dash for my '77
>Roadster?
>
>Also looking for a 4.6 motor
>
>Jim Stuart
>2 V8's, no dollars or sense

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]