Re: Engine considerations

To: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>, V8 list <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Engine considerations
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 21:37:44 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Theoretically, FI should be better than a carb. The FI units for Rover
are mostly Bosch. The problem is, that all the parts are not Bosch. Some
are made by Lu.........

I am at the first stages of putting an early "Federal" FI system in my
V8, & can certainly use any available help as well. I believe 1 or 2 of
the list members have done this successfully.

As to reliability, its a little like comparing a points distributer to
electronic ignition. Many racers refuse to use electronic ignition,
regardless of its performance enhancements, because points are more
reliable. You can't win a race you don't finish. That said, I still want
to go FI.

I have electronic ignition on both cars. 1 MSD 6A, 1 Jacobs ultra. Both
have failed at least once, but the points were still there to switch
back to. I won't be able to switch back to a carb by the side of the
road.

Jim

2 V8's, no dollars or sense

Ps: check out the links on the Convention web page for some FI sources
<mgbv8.com >