[Mg-t] Touchy Clutchy

To: <Mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] Touchy Clutchy
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:38:08 -0500
Hello list. Many of you were very helpful last year in helping me with
restoration of a 1953 TD that I brought home fully disassembled. She is now
roadworthy and a beaut.....dark BRG with a tan leather interior.

Out on the open road she drives great. However taking off or backing up from
a dead stop, especially on an incline is an adventure. The clutch is so
touchy that it is difficult to get underway in first gear without either
getting rubber or killing the engine. BTW I am a 50-year-old who has driven
manual tranny cars since I got a learners permit at age 15, and tractors
before that.

Has anyone else on the list had this problem, or can anyone suggest possible
solutions? I want  to drive the car more. Just getting it our of my basement
garage, turned around, and up a steep driveway sometimesdiscourages me from
even taking the car out!

Thanks in advance.

Bill Snyder

Waynesville, NC