Re: [Mg-t] more SU carb info

To: peter-thiel@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] more SU carb info
From: Ted Jackson <ted@the-jacksons.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:50:50 -0400
Hi Folks,

I would add that I check the dash pots about weekly if I'm driving a lot
and generally have to add some oil.

I have taken an old nasal spray bottle and pried out the nozzle, thrown
away the straw and filled it with my oil of choice.  Put the nozzle back
in, cap it, and you have a very handy dash pot oiler for your tool box.

And one last thing - I like Moss and what they do as well as anybody BUT
on sale right now they have Dash Pot Oil, 125 ml (that's 4 oz) for
$6.95.  Work it out, that's $222.40 per U.S. gallon at the sale price!
You thought the price of gas was high.  10W30 or 20W50 will do the job
for you and you'll get all you need by completely draining the dregs out
of the empty new oil containers after you do an oil change.

Cheers,

Ted Jackson

peter-thiel@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>     Pretty good S.U. info here. Lots more on Google. I had to look up a few
> things since this conversation was going on - I don't want to give any
> incomplete or wrong information. I liked the "cautions" in this one. One carb
> at a time, don't mix parts from one carb to another, same oil and amount in
> each carb. Things I take for granted, but the novice might not.
>     Various sources list Duckham's Carburettor Oil, ATF 10W, 15W, 20W, 10-30W,
> and the amount varies with the carb. My original email stands, but this adds.
> http://www.jetlink.net/~okayfine/su/damper.html
> Best, Pete Thiel

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
ted.vcf]