1949 MG TC Custom, Special~ EASY project - $6500 (mendocino

To: mg-t@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net,
Subject: 1949 MG TC Custom, Special~ EASY project - $6500 (mendocino
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:40:31 -0800
1949 MG TC Custom, Special~ EASY project - $6500 (mendocino county)

SOMBODY PLEASE SAVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craigslist.org posting.
Please see below for more information.

Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/277220098.html

1949 MG TC Custom, Special~ EASY project
Reply to: sale-277220098@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-02-11,  5:16PM

http://photobucket.com/"; ;

Make no mistake, this is not a kit car, or dubious replica. It started out as a
genuine MGTC.

This car came from AZ in the '80s, at that time it was running a 6 cylinder
Ford with manual trans. If anybody knows anything about its' history, I would
love to hear it.

Subsequent owner modified to 1979 Capri o'head cam 4 cyl with auto tranny.

Fenders have been bobbed in front, widened at rear. Good quality work. Body
section seems to be stock, but I think it has been chanelled. Wood is pretty
sound.  Grille and hood are custom, and well done. Hood is aluminum.
">

Wheels are Alfa Romeo. Brakes are Ford, drums maybe Alfa, maybe not.
Has an old, but actually not bad top, and all the side curtains.

New battery, starts and runs well. No smoke, leaks or funny noises. I have
driven it around the block only. Cabin is VERY tight. Brakes work, but just
barely. Front end tramlines and wanders, my guess is that 20 year old bias ply
tires are the main problem. Although it is possible that the wire wheels need
tuning.

Previous owner removed the original tail lights and side lights deeming them
too small. He replaced them with VW items. I removed those deeming them too
pedestrian. Think of it as a big Lotus 7, or a small hot rod ;-)

Currently licensed and registered in my name, as a 1949 MG and smog exempt

Feel free to email for details

a href="http://photobucket.com/"; target="_blank">

Trades and offers considered

Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/277220098.html

this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:
http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/lZmc1JWaoN2clBUM0JXYpxGausmb0VmbG