Re: Brake Fluid - DOT 3+4 vs Synthetic

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid - DOT 3+4 vs Synthetic
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:44:22 -0800
I  use a plastic Gatorade quart bottle as a bleeder bottle. Get two feet
of 1/4" clear plastic tubing. Drill a 3/8" hole in center of cap, and a
1/16" air bleed hole also in cap. You now have an unbreakable bleed bottle.

The silicone brake fluid (DOT 5) will not mix with regular DOT 3 or DOT
4 brake fluids. Just like oil and vinegar salad dressing. Place some DOT
3 or 4 fluid in the bleed bottle, and bleed out a little fluid from the
system. If it sits on top, you have silicone in the system. If it blends
with the rest, you have regular brake fluid.

John Seim
Irvine, CA