Attachment of Cowl Rubber

To: "MG T List" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Attachment of Cowl Rubber
From: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:53:54 -0500
Can anyone on the list tell me how to properly attach the rubber strip
that goes accross the cowl wood on TD's to cushion the bonnet? Does it
simply glue on with trim adhesive, or is some type of screw or brad used
to attach it?

I have still not resolved the issue with my ignition light staying on,
partly because it has been so cold that I haven't been able to open the
basement door to ventilate it when I crank the TD. My wife complains
mightily when I make the entire house smell of exhaust, but I like it
better than her aroma candles! I did completely disassemble the control
box as far as reasonably possible to clean everything, especially the
point contacts. I am hopeful that this might resolve the issue, but I am
prepared to replace the box or have Bob Jeffers make it solid state if
necessary.

Thanks again in advance for your advice.

Bill Snyder
'53 TD