Re: oil pump gasket

To: "Krislyn Co LLC" <krislynco.llc@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: oil pump gasket
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:45:09 -0700
Rocky,

There should not be a gasket between the pump body and the pump cap! The one
you found was a DPO's invention. Just make sure the surfaces are smooth,
flat and free of scoring, and that there is 3 thousandths of clearance
between the ends of the gears (rotors) and the cap, if you are fitting new
gears in the pump. Also make sure the idler gear is perfectly aligned on the
idler shaft - a 1 or 2 thou. feeler gauge should pass between the gear teeth
and the housing all the way around. If it doesn't, adjust the idler shaft by
hitting it in the appropriate direction with a soft hammer.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center