Re: TD gear change

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD gear change
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:40:35 EDT
Well, to chime in: I went to a 4.3 ratio in my TD 12 years ago when I
realized I was moving from Pennsylvania to Michigan.  I figured anyplace I
would be
driving in the midwets would be pretty flat and the divided highways have a 70
mph limit--which means traffic moves at 80-85.  Turns out there are a few
hills in Michigan, but I have never considered going back to the stock rear
end.
Sure, the car's dead off the line-- but my light-to-light racing days are long
over.  It's the best modification I've ever made to the car.
Just my $.02!
-John Deikis
 Chelsea, MI