Re: Seat Belts x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Lee Streepey <streepey@sunset.net>, MG List <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Walton Smith <waltonps@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 15:14:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Lee;I'm going to have to disagree with your understanding of the law:Ref:
State of California Vehicle Code; Div. 12; Section 27315, para. f.(f) Every
owner of a motor vehicle, including every owner or operator of a taxicab, as
defined in Section 27908, or a limousine for hire, operated on a highway shall
maintain safety belts in good working order for the use of occupants of the
vehicle. The safety belts shall conform to motor vehicle safety standards
established by the United States Department of Transportation. This subdivision
does not, however, require installation or maintenance of safety belts where
not required by the laws of the United States applicable to the vehicle at the
time of its initial sale.  Best
Regards;Walt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Contrary to a couple of
statements on this list, seat belts are
required
on ALL vehicles in Calif. including T Series MG's.  The reason I know
this is that I was a naughty boy last spring and I had to go to traffic
school to erase the ticket from my DMV record