RE: Lucas lamp

To: "Peter Thiel" <pthiel@QuixNet.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas lamp
From: "Gable, Gerry" <GABLEG@MAIL.ECU.EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:56:41 -0500
You may have been infected >with >>the virus described below. The good news
is that it sits on your
>computer >>for 14 days before acting. Please follow the steps below to
eradicate
>the >>virus. Unfortunately, if you have the virus, you will need to send a
>similar
>>note to everyone in your address book. So sorry for the inconvenience.
>>
>>I apologize to all! >>I found the infection when following this notice and
as I understand it everyone >in my >>address book is potentially infected.
Here is what you have to do.

                >>The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe) is not
                >>detected my Norton or McAfee anti-virus systems. The virus
sits quietly>
                >>for 14 days before damaging the system.
                >>
                >>It is sent automatically by messenger and by the address
book whether >or
                >>not you sent e-mails to your contacts. Here's how you
check for the
                >>virus and get rid of it:>>
                >>1. Go to start, find or search option.
                >>2. In the file/folders option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
                >>3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all the
sub-folders and any >>other
                >>drives you may have.
                >>4. Click "find now"
                >>5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name
jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT >>OPEN >>IT
                >>6. Go to Edit on the menu bar, choose "select all" to
highlight the >file >>without opening it.
                >>7. Now go to the File on the menu bar and select delete.
It will then >go >>the recycle bin.
                >>8. Go to the recycle bin and delete it there as well.
                >>IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN
YOUR ADDRESS >>BOOK,