Paint Chips

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint Chips
From: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:42:35 -0700
Some years ago, F.E. Old III listed some Ditzler and Rinshed-Mason paint
codes in the excellent "T Type Restoration Handbook" (published by the New
England MG T Register).  The Ditzler (now PPG) and R-M codes he identified
for the TF are:

                                                Ditzler
R-M
                                                --------
                --------
        MG Red                        DDL 71993                           BM
121R
        Almond Green              DDL 44159                           BM 076
        Ivory                               DDL 81271
BM 127
        Birch Grey                     DDL 31918
BM 002

The prefix "DDL" is supposedly for acrylic lacquer.  Change the DDL to DQE
to get alkyd enamel, and to DAR for acrylic enamel.  I don't have a prefix
for PPG Deltron (acrylic urethane).

Does anyone know where and how to get paint swatches of the above colors?  I
would prefer acrylic urethane swatches, but I'll take whatever I can get.

I have located a local jobber who will mix up a batch for each of the above,
but that gets expensive.  I would think that there are paint chips
available.  Where does one go?

Thanks,

Ben