Re: I need to get my bearings......

To: spook01@home.com, mg-t@autox.team.net, mg-tabc@egroups.com
Subject: Re: I need to get my bearings......
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 23:40:33 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/00 8:34:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time, spook01@home.com
writes:

<< I understand that there is  a trick with the front end, i.e.. putting a
 flat-washer type radial roller bearing between the stub axle and the axle to
 reduce friction in the kingpin joint.  Any info?? >>

I have these Torrington bearings on my TA and SA and now the NA...just take
your old bronze thrust washers down to your bearing house and tell them what
you want to do.  You'll need to buy a couple of different thicknesses of the
hardened steel shims to work them  in there....a word of caution however, you
can make your front end to loose...some friction is necessary to keep from
feeding back road shock in to the steering box.
Terry