Car radio / cell phone developement

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Car radio / cell phone developement
From: "Bill Traill" <bill@clovermachine.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:49:36 -0800
There is a company that is developing technology to monitor cell
phone "movement"  to determine traffic flow, or lack of, on streets
and highways. It is based on a certain percentage of drivers on
their phones at a given time. I suppose you will be able to have a
monitor in your car picturing the flow on main arterials so you can
choose the best route to work.
The horse is out of the barn on cell phones in cars and there is too
much money (and jobs) riding on it.

I installed a socket to power my cell phone in my TC and it sure
came in handy when my fuel pump crapped out in a bad spot.

Bill
Santa Clara, Calif.