New wood for body panels

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: New wood for body panels
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:02:56 -0800
Hi All,

Have a question for the knowledgeable of the list.

I have one piece of wood that needs replacing, the back sill.  I have
the part in hand presently and would like to know, Do you all seal the
wood before installing it?  In cabinetry we always sealed the wood prior
to final finish.  This protects the wood from rot and keeps the finish
from being absorbed into the wood.    I know of several products to
perform this but don't know how compatible they are with the new VOC
Paints of CA.  It would be nice if they dry even if they are covered up
with the vinal.

TIA

Cheers

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby