Re: No Oil Pressure

To: s4usea@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: No Oil Pressure
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 19:43:21 EDT
Scott,
  Did you prime the pump?  Mine has never lost its prime from resting in
the garage, but it's possible, one supposes.
  Pull off the primer plug, pour oil in, replace plug, spin engine with
starter w/o ignition and you should get pressure on the gauge.  You may
have to repeat this a couple of times.
  If you still don't see pressure, you can remove the priming plug and
crank the engine with the starter. This should give you a face full of
oil if the pump is working.  Once that oil flow is established, it should
pump pretty well.  I don't know how they primed pumps on the older cars
w/o the priming plug. This is sometimes hard enough.
  Bob

Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.