Re: oil cooler for a MG TF

To: kingseim@earthlink.net, Bob Peck <bobpeck@mother.com>
Subject: Re: oil cooler for a MG TF
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 08:01:48 -0400
At 04:10 PM 5/2/99 -0700, John Seim wrote:
>I stopped work on an adapter collar that would mount to the oil pump,
>that would have in and out ports for an oil cooler, as well as provision
>for a spin-on filter. Moss sells a kit, possibly made by MOWOG, that
>uses an adapter collar, as well as the origional filter cannister.

I have had such an oil cooler for the last 15 years. It works great. I
installed it to do the Ocean to Ocean in my TF in 1986, The only down side
is the collar puts the oil filter an inch or two closer to the fire wall
making oil filter changes much more difficult as it is a tight squeeze to
get the oil filter bolt off.

Mike