TF inspection plates

To: team net <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TF inspection plates
From: PINNSYSGRP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 13:28:53 EDT
Listers:

Picked up the TF 1500 yesterday and had it towed to a garage to have the
brakes overhauled. Don't know what the problem is, but decided to go ahead
and replace everything (shoes, springs, hoses, etc.) since it has been
sitting for so long.

I noticed that both inspection plates were missing. Know that Moss sells
them, but was wondering if anyone would - by chance - have some extras lying
around that they wanted to sell. Since Moss sells these parts I can only
assume that people tend to remove them for some type of service and forget to
replace them. Maybe as in this case. Just asking.

TF is in great shape. To those questioning the authenticity of '54 TF 1500
awhile back, it is indeed a 1500 XPEG engined car titled in 1954. Have been
reading a bit about the dates these cars were made and can venture that the
car was made sometime around October 1954. Car # HDC46/7231 - XPEG/1027. Car
has 42,937 miles. Will keep you posted on how things progress.

I have another question about top material. Notice that in one of the books I
receive from England that they mention a mohair top. Can anyone refer me to
what this looks like. Also, is the stayfast material listed by Moss the best
one available. Will probably have the car painted gray eventually, so will
probably go with a black top with red interior.
John Downing
'54 MG TF
'50 MG TD
'61 Healey 3000 BT7