TF axle ratio

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TF axle ratio
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:10:24 -0400
Hello All,

My work on the TF is going well. New fuel pump and brakes all around will
help the go and stop functions. Thanks for all the help from the group.

Special thanks to Lawrie Alexander out at The British Sportscar Center in
California for all his help by email. Wish we had someplace similar here on
the East coast.

Next question now involves driveability.

I want to upgrade my gear ratio on the TF to something a bit more
reasonable. I don't pull stumps much anymore so first gear is pretty much
unuseable and highway speed just wrings that poor little 1250 to the limit.

Does anyone have any tips on doing a gear change? I do have a spare MGA
rear axle that could be a donor but it's a wire wheel axle and my TF will
stay a solid wheel car. Not sure about the possibilities there.

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC