Re: MG-T-ABC

To: <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: MG-T-ABC
From: "Carolyn & Bob Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:10:00 -0400
Hi John, re Alfin type drums for the TC, is the aluminum cast around the
cast liner or is it an interference fit?
As you may know, I am also making Alfin type brake drums for the TC. I use
a cast iron liner with dovetails on the outer perimeter and the aluminum is
cast around the liner.  Therefore no possibility of the liner rotating or
coming out due to the orientation of the dovetails. The assembly is
machined on a CNC lathe, then polished.  Cost is $900.00 US$ per set of
four, plus shipping.  The Alfin drums could be available as machined for a
slight saving if somebody does not want a polished face.
Regards,  Bob Grunau

T-ABCs_Forever@publi-consult.com; mg-t@autox.team.net