Re: TD oil pressure

To: stritle@epix.net, mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TD oil pressure
From: T A TERRY <TATERRY@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 23:56:27 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-19 16:02:59 EDT, stritle@epix.net writes:

<<
 Is there a definitive "correct" oil pressure for a TD? I use 20/50
 Castrol in the crankcase and the pressure reads 40-45lbs. when cold and
 25-35lbs when hot and running.

Steve, the workshop manual for the TD sez that "normal" oil pressure is 40 to
45 psi.  That was not with multigrade oils but SAE 30 wt.    I'd say your TD
is about normal.  Whats the pressure when motoring down the road and the
engine is hot?  Mine runs 45 to 50 (now that I've rebuilt my rocker assembly)
when hot and under load and drops to about 30 when hot and idleing....I use
20/50 Castrol too.
Terry