Re: MG PA pistons

To: <DENKLEMM@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG PA pistons
From: "J.E.A. Rich" <mmmbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:31:43 -0700
Cc: <jj@octagon.fsbusiness.co.uk>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dennis,

The earliest PB's had PA engines bored to 60 mm. Later PB's had a double
breather block and a little more metal in the 'body'. I don't know at which
engine number they switched but I bet somebody does.

You can get pistons for any size bore you want, but your question is not
clear. Which block are you going to bore 20 thou' over? If its an original
PA that's already 60 over, I'd be very careful, its probably at its limit
now. If its a later PB then that would be OK.

Cheers, "Bob".