odd thought

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: odd thought
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:27:42 -0700
This is response to Mayf's question and JD's answer to the KT problem at tech
during Speedweek.

The safety inspectors do just that, look at the vehicle's safety aspects. JD
wrote that at times the inspector will see something that may put a vehicle
out of class, remember that many of these guys have a ton of years in this
sport. When a question arises they can call any one of a number of people to
get a reading. That's why we now have committees for a majority of the
classes. These committes are made up of competitors who run in the class and
have an understanding of the class.

I happened to have been involved with Keith earlier in the year when he was
looking for a class to run his car in because he didn't want to give up his
data acq system in a classic class. I did for Keith what I normally do in that
situation. The down side is the people he was dealing with were having a long
and trying day after spending several days putting up rebar, tents and such to
make the event possible. This stuff doesn't just pop out of the ground like on
TV.

On Saturday morning I try to walk the line and spot obivious problems. This
year Steve Batchelor & I looked at window nets and Classic category entrants.

I would like to thank every competitor that made Speedweek happen, this
includes those that were at home and will be with us in the future. This was
one of the best, if not the best I can remember in over 35 years of events.

Dan Warner