[Healeys] Piping under headlights (BJ8)

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Piping under headlights (BJ8)
From: Alan Wasserman <alanwassermannc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:22:54 -0500
Cc: Alan Wasserman <AlanWassermanNC@gmail.com>
In my search for the perfect survivor, I found a â??65 BJ8 with under 17K
original miles.  All the paperwork and history confirmed the low miles were
original.  I spent 5 hours inspecting and photographing the car for an article
series I am writing on Councours.  HOWEVER, I discovered the piping under the
headlights was metal (and not the grey plastic that we all know to be) just as
the rest of the above shroud.  I used my paint meter and found the paint
surround a consistent reading (including the aluminum shroud).  I also examined
the â??visibleâ?? fasteners connecting the shroud to see if they were replace
or scratched and no such findings.  Has anyone come across such an anomaly?