Re: [Healeys] ear plugs, etc.,

To: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>, "healeys@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] ear plugs, etc.,
From: "al@bighealey.org" <al@bighealey.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:00:47 -0700
Here is a link to the California Motor vehicle code section that deals with
earplugs:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27400.htm

the text is as follows:

Wearing of Headsets
or Earplugs

27400.                            A person operating a motor vehicle or
bicycle may not wear a headset covering, or earplugs
in, both ears. This prohibition does not apply
to any of the following:

(a)  A person operating authorized emergency vehicles,
as defined in Section 165.

(b)  A person engaged in the operation of either special
construction equipment or equipment for use in the maintenance
of any highway.

(c)  A person engaged in the operation of refuse collection
equipment who is wearing a safety headset or safety
earplugs.

(d)  A person wearing personal hearing protectors
in the form of  earplugs or molds
that are specifically designed
to attenuate injurious noise levels. The
plugs or molds shall be designed in a manner so as to
not inhibit the wearer's ability to hear a siren or
horn from an emergency vehicle or a horn from another
motor vehicle.

(e)  A person using a prosthetic device that aids the hard of hearing.