Re: [Healeys] Transmission troubles

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Transmission troubles
From: writeian@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:56:22 -0400
Just read p. 266 of Norm Nock's Tech Talk book.  Not only did I highlight the
warning statement:
"Do not use EP90" weight oil in Healey gearboxes, I underlined it so to help
remember and review it in the future.
A good friend recently experienced a damaged-beyond-use sideshift gearbox in
his '60 BN7.  The net resulting cost (aside from no driving fun for at least
half a year) will be a $1500-$2000 exchange replacement rebuilt gearbox (from
Quantum in Connecticut) some day in the future.
The relevance you wonder ?  He'd been using RedLine gearbox fluid-oil EP75-90 !