W57 transmission for 5 speed conversion

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: W57 transmission for 5 speed conversion
From: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:34:45 -0700
I just picked up a W57 transmission for my conversion.  At least it was sold
as a W57.  I note that there is not a Toyota label anywhere or a label
indicating what transmission.  I did match it to the bell housing and it seems
to have the right bolt holes.   Does anybody have any experience in this model
and the adjustments, gearshift position etc?   I am inclined to replace
bearings and other parts before the conversion so I will need to find someone
that can crack it open in the Sacramento area.

Jerry