Re: rear axle paper gasket

To: glemon@neb.rr.com, Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au,
Subject: Re: rear axle paper gasket
From: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 02:50:04 +0000
The technique is to tap on the gasket paper and break it over the edge of
the mating service. Don't strike hard enough to damage the metal, just hard
enough to break the fibers in the paper. I usually cut out a stud hole first
and use a bolt to maintain alignment. If one mating surface is hard to
access you can make the gasket on the other. I've always found it
fascinating how little force it actually takes to cut a gasket. Just
repeated soft blows in the right place.

Bill Lawrence