Re: heater control cable

To: healey.nut@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heater control cable
From: INSIDEDIM@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:24:15 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/2006 7:05:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
healey.nut@gmail.com writes:

Can you  tell us is this a new aftermarket cable, or is this the old cable
you just  disconnected to do some work, and you don't know how it goes  back?

Alan

The heater cable is the original, the car is a ground up  restoration which
I'm embarrassed to say has been an on and off  project for 16 years.  I
probably originally removed it in '90.  I put  it back in a few years ago,
apparently
incorrectly, because recently I was  trying to get it operating and
pushed/pulled too hard and broke  the $8.00 heater control panel in the dash.
I just
replaced that  panel and am now having difficulty determining how it's supposed
to be routed to  work properly.  I'm a big guy and it's torture trying to
work under the  dash.  From what I've read in my Healey books it appears that
in
the older  style steel dash the cable was a straight shot to the control
damper. .Anybody  in Michigan willing to let me rip out their dash so I can see
how
theirs is  installed?  Ha, ha!

Bill
BJ8 phase 1