Re: loose spring eyes

To: ZManDino@aol.com
Subject: Re: loose spring eyes
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:51:46 -0700
Hi Alex,

I basically did the same thing. Removed the clips, spread the leaves, &
inserted 1/16" aluminum wedges, about three inches long, top & bottom.
Clamped the leaf ends together & re-installed the clips. The worst part
was how long it took to find the rattle caused by the loose parts.

Others have mentioned how good the recent Moss springs have been, but
none said anything about rattling spring eyes. I can't see how the extra
loops actually do anything, but in the interest of originality, left
them on.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2