Re: Stator Tube Replacement

To: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Stator Tube Replacement
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 23:25:30 -0400
Bob,

You can probably remove the stator tube by pulling on the harness but I doubt
you can remove it by pulling with the short tube.  The short tube is a slide
fit into the long tube.  Once the nut is removed to free the long tube it will
slide upward.  You will need to insert something into the front of the steering
box (maybe a wood dowel) to push the stator tube up enough to grab it from
above.

Keith Pennell