RE: Wanted, voltage regulator housing

To: "'Tracy Drummond'" <bighealey@charter.net>,
Subject: RE: Wanted, voltage regulator housing
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 06:22:46 -0700
Bright Light!  Bright Light!

Thanks to all for the overwhelming response.  Jim McDermott provided the
perfect one.  Fried beyond recognition but pristine posts and screws.

He gets a good working regulator in exchange wheeeeeee

For the purpose of an alternator conversion I gutted the fried regulator,
made a common buss bar by soldering a large copper wire (part of the old
coil) across all the terminal tab remains.  I then glued a piece of flat
plastic over the inside backing to cover the holes.

I connected the two brown wires, brown and blue, large yellow to the new hot
"buss" and presto, looks like a functional regulator but acts as spare
points storage and a "hot buss".

The little yellow wires for the ignition light are spliced using a standard
barrel and bullets.

65 Amps

In which circuits should extra fuses be placed for added protection?

What a difference 30 extra amps make.......

Tracy   (On to Dixon Sunday)  Rain or shine.