RE: Trany Leaks

To: "'PG'" <britishcars@shaw.ca>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trany Leaks
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:06:07 -0400
Hi Paul,
The overdrive filter/drain plug should have a fiber gasket ring under it. If
yours does not you will need to drain the oil again and fit one. These rings
are inclined to crack whilst the plug is tightened, particularly if you are
resorting to the old hammer and punch method.
You would be hard pressed to strip the thread or crack the housing by hand
tightening using the correct tool. Of course if you are using the aforesaid
and highly non-recommended method all bets are off as they say.....

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com