Re: bj8 Girling Brake Servo

To: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: bj8 Girling Brake Servo
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 17:19:26 -0700
Andy,

No, the special dry lubricant on the inside of the vacuum can does not
come in the
rebuild kit (at least, not in any of the kits I've purchased).

DO NOT sand or polish the inside of the can.  Try brake cleaner or maybe
some
other organic solvent.  If you remove the coating, you will have to
replace with a
substitute.  Sandstrom Products in the US makes a moly-epoxy spray that
works, but
if your servo has less than 100K miles the original coating may still be
servicable.

bs