Steering Wheel nut

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Wheel nut
From: Rick Swain <grain@auracom.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 17:10:54 -0300
Can anyone tell me the size of the nut on the end of the steering
wheel (not me but the one that holds a non-adjustable wheel in
place)? I rewired my trafficator last spring while my car was at a
body shop. I remember that they didn't have a wrench large enough to
do the job and I had to go to the mechanic next door. I guess I
didn't tighten the nut properly because the steering wheel is a
little loose. I need to know the size so I'll have the wrench on hand
for the job. I'll have to slide the stator tube out a bit to get at
the nut and I don't want  any delays to allow oil to drip out while I
go chasing down a wrench of the right size if I don't have one here.

Thanks

Rick Swain
'59 BN4