Re: Laygear/3rd gear repair

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Laygear/3rd gear repair
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:20:23 -0500
I second that. --With a couple of good manuals, and the list, --the labor of
rebuilding the sideshift box is nothing that should intimidate anyone with a
minimum of ability. -The cost and availability of some of the parts is another
matter. I rebuilt my sideshift box, and actually enjoyed it. -The key is
having enough flat space to lay the parts out in sequence, as you take the
shafts apart. -Getting the needle bearings al to stay in place during
reassembly can be a bit of a pain, -but I used some white lithium grease to
"glue" them in place, -and then it was a snap.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA