Speedo Question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo Question
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:30:14 -0500
65 BJ8. P2

On the back side of the speedo there is a slotted screw adjacent to the
cable hookup.  When I removed the speedo recently to replace the dash, I
noticed this screw was loose.  Before re-installing the speedo, I tightened
up this screw tightly.  The speedo needle worked slowly and hung up.
Tapping on the face made the needle inch down.  I checked the cable and it
was tight.  I loosened this screw just a little.  Needle still hangs up.

Any idea why and what is the function of this screw?

TIA
tom