values

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: values
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:42:01 -0800
Listers:

Just FYI.

After all the hoopla over Barrett-Jackson and the "new" Healeys I thought it
might be a good time to call Hagerty's and up my current "agreed value" on
my '67 BJ8 of $50,000 to $60,000.   Even though I have a fuel cutoff and
Lojack and never let it out of my sight,

one lost BJ8 in 1970 is enough for me.

A few minutes on the phone today and after the agent looked over the
pictures I already had on file, I was approved.  He was very aware of the
auction and what the Healeys went for.   Just an additional $60 per year.

IMHO, there are two fair indicators of values in cars.  What someone else is
willing to pay for it and what an insurance carrier is willing to insure it
for (at a low/reasonable cost).

Sincerely,

Ron Davies (Laguna Hills)

'67 BJ8