Re: Wiring Harness Question

To: John Snyder <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>,
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness Question
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:19:55 -0700
John / Josef:

I stand corrected!  A closer examination of the tri-carb's original harness
reveals braided insulation on the 'F' wire, as you stated, the only wire
with braided insulation on the car.

Perhaps I was thinking of the BJ8 where this wire is PVC insulated - both on
the original harness, and on the British Wiring replacement.

Cheers,  -----------   Earl

Earl, while I have the highest regard for your Healey knowledge, I question
your response to Josef.  The wire that runs from the generator to the F
terminal on the voltage regulator is covered w/ braided yellow with a green
tracer.  My original unrestored1960 BT7 has this configuration, and the
wiring harnesses that I bought from British Wiring (which they import from
England) for the restoration of my three 3000 MKIIs come w/ this, and only
this wire, insulated w/ braiding.  All other wires have vinyl insulation.
However, it might be possible that MK II 3000s changed to vinyl and British
Wiring did not make the change.  What do you think?

John Snyder