Re: Streamlined 100-Sixz

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Streamlined 100-Sixz
From: Healeygal@cs.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:56:51 EDT
It's been a while since I posted on the list; hope this one gets through.
Talk about timing - this is kind of interesting.  I've recently met a gentleman
at an AH get together here in So Cal who worked for Hambro back in the 50's,
was parts manager in SF for Austin when the first Austin-Healey rolled into
town, and went on to NY to become national BMC General Service Manager which,
due
to the functions of the job, included participation (organizing the
tech/support team) for the three Healeys in the 12-Hour of Sebring race in
1958. If
Reid accepts it, there will be an article (not real detailed) in AH Magazine.
Didn't get enough background to see if he know anything about the 1957 race,
but
he sure has a good memory of all the people, places and events from "back in
the day". Will ask him about '57 first chance I get.

By the way, there is a book re the 12-hours of Sebring - don't remember the
title (probably "The 12-hours of Sebring"), just the fact that it cost $80 at
Autobooks in Burbank with a list of all the Sebring entrants year by year.

Sharon
BN1