RE: Front Shock Conversions

To: "'Carlos Cruz'" <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Front Shock Conversions
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:39:43 -0700
Carlos,
Last year I went from Koni's front only to Bilsteins front and rear. I felt
little bumps more and big bumps less. I was thinking that the Bilstein
pressurization might act like additional springing up to a point. At the
change over I though I would have liked to have kept the Koni's and add rear
Koni's if only there were a decent mounting system. Now I am used to the
Bilsteins and certainly wouldn't change back. Remembering back to the 70's
when I first put on the Koni's, I thought they were quite equivalent to the
Armstrongs until the Armstrongs got hot and sort of faded. Take all this
with a grain of salt, please.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8