Re: Healey 100 Center Bracket

To: Michael Williams <mewilliams@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Healey 100 Center Bracket
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:24:11 -0600
Hi Michael,

My fairly late BN2 (29 March 1956) is original in the under dash area.
As you say, there is a spot welded guide attached to the bottom of the
"scuttle". This guide holds a short T handled rod which releases the
bonnet lock. This bracket & a hole through the firewall are the only
bonnet release rod supports. There is an entirely different bracket
mounted under the inside mirror fixing screws which has a tab directly
behind the dash center hole. There is a chrome screw & washer that fixes
the dash center to this bracket tab.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2