Re: Rear License Plate Mounting w/o Bumper

To: "Reid Trummel" <editor_reid@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear License Plate Mounting w/o Bumper
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:26:24 -0500
Reid,

My BN7 is front bumperless and the rear is optional.  (When the rear is
bumperless another pair of tail lights is added to fill the bumper bracket
holes.)  In order to go bumperless I had to make a bracket to hold the plate
and the lamp to the shroud.  Basically the bracket is 1/8 or so Al.  It is N
shaped as viewed from the passenger's side.

        plate and lamp  N  shroud

It mounts to the shroud by the two 1/4 inch hex bolts below the trunk
opening.  Don't know if the BN2 has them or not.  The other side of the N
has holes drilled for the license plate and lamp and lamp wiring.

If this is not clear I will try to get a pix and scan it and send it.

Keith Pennell