Re: Emergency Road Service for Healey or RV

To: "Dave Carpenter" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Emergency Road Service for Healey or RV
From: "David" <dcrawfor@san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:34:27 -0800
Twice AAA has come to my aid. The drivers were prepared, courteous
and very professional.  The first when a rear axle broke near Oxnard,
CA.,
and the second when I was returning from Tahoe and the fan belt broke,
two and a half miles south of Bridgeport, California.

Two-lane road. No cell phone reception. When the temperature gauge
finally dropped below 100, I started the engine, did a fast U and
headed for
Bridgeport.  Almost made it before the needle pegged. Got cell phone
reception
and called AAA. The truck was there in twenty minutes and we were in
town in five.
Thanks to Yankee Ingenuity, a swell AAA tow truck driver and a Napa
store,
we had a belt that 'worked' installed an hour later and I was back on
the road.

I have nothing but good stuff to say for AAA.

David C
San Diego, CA
'54 BN1 & '60 MGA