Re: 1000 hrs--ramblings

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>,
Subject: Re: 1000 hrs--ramblings
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:27:28 -0800 (PST)
Steve -

There are almost exactly 2,000 working hours in a
year, assuming a 40 hour work week.  That means with 3
people, their total billable work load is 6,000 hours
per calender year assuming they work no overtime.

If they do 12 cars per year, that means that each car
is averaging about 500 hours per car.

I am unsure if Tanner is outsourcing his paint work...
if so that may account for the low 500 hour average.
If you throw in some overtime you might be looking at
600 hours, and maybe with a part time college flunkie
sweeping the floors every other day maybe around 700
average per car.  If you throw in outsourced paint
work.. you might be heading close to 1000 hours.  If
they do the paint in house, then they are making a
mint!

By the way, I've known many people who swear that
healeys are one of the easier cars to make a profit
on... high value cars with relatively low cost
replacement parts & easy dismantling and re building
are the key reasons.

Cheers,

Alan