Re: Heritage carpet installation

To: "Sam Marble" <samncyna@comcast.net>, "healeys"
Subject: Re: Heritage carpet installation
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:54:28 -0500
Hi Sam,
1.Yes the carpets under the seats should be slotted to allow removal when
wet. Usually Heritage does not cut the slots but they usually have thin
chalk indications where the cuts would be placed. Double check these before
doing any cutting.
2. Cannot say for sure but I believe there should be male snaps, or at least
the holes remaining for the snap screws in the fixed tunnel portion. Look in
the area about 2" from the back and 2" up from the floor.
3. For gluing to the gearbox cover, you're on your own. As for the flat
floor areas, the jutelike material should first of all be only about 1/4"
thick. I've had god luck with carefully delaminating the stuff Heritage
sends in half because it's much too thick (about 1/2" thk) I've spoken to
Dave at Heritage re this and they're attempting to find a correct thickness
stuff.
Anyway as for the floor areas the jute should lay on top of your material
and the screws for the male carpet snaps will locate on top of and lock it
into place.
Rich Chrysler