Noise found, continued

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Noise found, continued
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:48:23 EDT
I dropped the oil pan and found a nice bright scratch inside about 3/8" wide
where one or both of the big-end bearing nuts for the #2 cylinder was tapping
agaiinst the pan at the very bottom of its throw.  It was not too difficult to
bang out the indentation.  The inner metal surface was not broken though the
red coating was removed by the nut.

The old gasket came apart when removing the sump and I will not get a
replacement until Tuesday.  In the meantime is there anything I should do while
have access to the lower end of the engine?  The pickup strainer seems clean as
did the pan itself.  What is the best gasket sealer for remounting the sump
gasket?

Waiting patiently--Michael Oritt