Starter click, click, click....

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter click, click, click....
From: "Scott Willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:41:13 -0500
So the Healey was running kinda good. Then I got in to rev it. Some electrical
sounding snap happened when I pushed the throttle. It could have been a back
fire kind of thing. But it was doing it as I rev'd days before. This time the
engine stopped and a little white cloud came out of the exhaust.

It would not start again. I noticed I was low on gas too just to throw in
another variable. I put in some gas.

Now the starter will just click, click, click each time I push the start
button. I have checked batter voltage and I unconnected as well as reconnected
all cables from battery and starter.

What else could cause the starter to just click? I beat it a couple times with
the ole dead blow like I've done to the fuel pump in the past. I see a little
door on the side of the starter. Hmmm.

Weee,
Scott
Mashed BN7
Interest - Hobby - Obsession - Sickness - Insanity.